Thai Chik'n & Rice Lettuce Wraps
Prep. Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 5.5 lbs. Fresh or Frozen Mango, Peeled, Diced
- 6 lbs. (8-10 peppers) Red Bell Peppers, cut into 2" by 1⁄2" strips
- 3 bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Unflavored Crumbles
- 3 qts. 3c. Brown Rice, Medium or Long Grain
- 3 c. Cilantro or Parsley, Fresh and Chopped
- 180 Iceberg Lettuce, Large Whole Leaves
- 1.5 qts. Sweet Chili Sauce, Prepared
- 1.5 qts. Pineapple Juice
- Serving = 3⁄4 c. (2 #10 scoops)
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 2 oz. Equivalent Grain
- If Mango is frozen, thaw overnight in fridge. Dice into 1⁄4 inch pieces.
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles according to package.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- To prepare sauce, whisk together prepared Sweet Chili Sauce and pineapple juice.
- Lightly coat 4-inch full-size steam table pans with food release spray. For 60 servings use 2 pans. For 120 servings use 4 pans.
- Add crumbles, diced mango, red pepper strips, and prepared Sauce to pan.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F or above for at least 15 seconds (CCP).
- Stir in hot, cooked brown rice into each pan.
- Sprinkle 1 c. of chopped fresh cilantro over each pan just before serving.
- Place 1 3⁄4 c. of Thai Chik’n and Rice mixture in a serving container.
- Serve 3 large, fresh lettuce leaves with each serving for students to make their own lettuce wraps.
- Substitute pineapple for mango in step 6
- Sprinkle each Wrap with cilantro