Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 Bag, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Mexican Fiesta Crumbles
- 10 c. Salsa (divided)
- 20 Eggs Scrambled
- 20 oz. Cheddar Cheese (Low fat)
- 40 Tortillas, Whole Grain 8 inch, Frozen
- Serving = 1 Quesadilla
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 2 oz. Equivalent Grain
- 1⁄2 c. Red/Orange Vegetable
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles according to the package using a stove or oven. In either application, drain excess liquid after cooking.
- Mix prepared Crumbles half of salsa (5 cups) in a steam table pan. Heat to 165°F. CCP: Hold warm, above 135°F for assembly.
- Scramble eggs according to package directions. CCP: Hold warm, above 135°F until assembly.
TO ASSEMBLE QUESADILLAS:
- Line up tortillas on a clean and sanitized surface to prep for assembly line production.
- Place 1⁄2 ounce of cheese on each quesadilla.
- Top with 1⁄3 cup of crumble and salsa mixture.
- Top with 1 oz. of scrambled egg.
- Fold tortilla over.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place quesadillas in a shingle formation on a sheet pan and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and internal temperature of 165°F is reached. CCP: Hold warm, above 135°F for service.
- Cut quesadilla into 2 or 4 triangles. Serve with 1⁄8 cup salsa.
- Serve with Cowboy Caviar for vegetable options
- Sprinkle cilantro and chopped green onion on top before serving