Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 13 Pizza Crusts (14 inches)
- 26 c. Beans, Refried
- 3 Bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Mexican Crumbles
- 5 lbs. (20 c.) Cheese, Blend Cheddar/Monterey, Shredded
- #10 Can Green Chilies, Diced
- Serving = 1 Slice
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 1 oz. Equivalent Grain
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Mexican Crumbles according to the package using a stove or oven. In either application, drain excess liquid after cooking.
- To assemble:
a) Remove frozen pizza crust from freezer. Place on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Note: keep pizza crust frozen until right before assembly for best results.
b) Per crust, spread 2 cups of pre-made refried beans per pizza and 1.5 c. of cooked Mexican crumbles. Spread beans and Mexican crumbles to the edge, leaving 1⁄2" of crust un-topped.
c) Evenly sprinkle 4 oz. of diced green chilis over beans.
d) Top bean-crumble mixture with 1.5 c. shredded cheese. Sprinkle evenly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake pizza for 6-9 minutes or until crust is golden and internal temperatures reach 150°F.
- Immediately place in hot box. Cut pizza immediately prior to serving. Allowing pizza to cool before cutting will provide better results. Cut each pizza into 8 wedges. Hold at 140°F or higher.
- Top with sliced red peppers, tomatoes, or jalapeños
- Serve with Mexican salad
- For an easy pizza crust try this: https://healthyschoolrecipes.com/recipes/pourable-pizza-crust-usda/