Prep. Time: 10 min Cook Time: 60 min Servings: 60
- 3 gal. Water
- 2 oz. Kosher Salt
- 2. lbs. 10 oz. Enriched Elbow Macaroni 3 bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Unflavored Crumbles
- 1 gal. Water
- 4 oz. Fresh Onions (chopped) or 21⁄2 oz. Dehydrated Onions
- 1 lb. 12 oz. Canned Tomato Paste
- 3 lbs. 3 oz. Canned Diced Tomatoes, with Juice
- 1.5 qt. Water (1 qt., 2 c.)
- 11⁄2 tsp. Ground Black or White Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1.5 tbsp. Ground Cumin (1 tbsp., 11⁄2 tsp.)
- 11⁄2 tsp. Paprika
- 11⁄2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 14 oz. Reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (optional)
- Serving = 3⁄4 c. (2 #10 scoops)
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 3⁄8 c. Red/Orange Vegetable
- 1 oz. Equivalent Grain
- Heat water to rolling boil. Add salt.
- Slowly add macaroni. Stir constantly, until water boils again. Cook for approximately 8 minutes or until tender; stir occasionally. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Drain well. Set aside for step 4.
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles according to package.
STOVE: Add 3 bags and 1 gal. water to a kettle, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for approx. 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Hold covered for service (160°F). Add water as needed if the product begins to dry.
OVEN: Mix 3 bags together with water in a 4" deep full hotel pan. Cover and cook at 400 deg. for approx. 60 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and protein is tender.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, 1.5 qt. water, pepper, granulated garlic, seasonings, and macaroni.
Cook over medium heat, uncovered until heated through, 15 minutes and until heating internally to 155°F. For at least 15 seconds (CCP).
- Pour into steam table pans (12" x 20 " x 21⁄2"). For 60 servings, use 2 pans. For 120 servings, use 4 pans.
- Sprinkle 7 oz (13⁄4 cups) of shredded cheese (optional) evenly over each pan.
- Portion with two #10 scoops (3⁄4 c.) per serving.
- Substitute Zesty Italian Crumbles for enhanced flavor (omit seasonings in step 4)
- Use Vegan Beef stock in place of water in Step 4