Prep. Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 90 min
- 1 bag, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Italian Crumbles
5 1⁄2 c. Fresh Onions, Chopped or 7 oz. Dehydrated Onions
- 1.6 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Ground Black or White Pepper
- 6 1⁄2 c. Canned Diced Tomatoes, with Juice
- 2 2⁄3 c. Canned Tomato Paste
- 2.4 qts. Water
- 2.2 lbs. Enriched Lasagna Noodles, Uncooked
- 2 1⁄3 c. Cheese Blend of American and 3 Skim Milk Cheeses, Shredded
- 3 2⁄3 c. Lite Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Serving = 1 Slice
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 3⁄4 oz. Equivalent Grain
- 1⁄4 c. Red/Orange Vegetable
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles per package, ideally stove-top instructions here.
- Add pepper, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and water to prepared Crumbles in saucepan. Heat to boiling, uncovered. Remove crumble-sauce mixture from heat.
- Lightly coat 2 steam table pans (12" x 20" x 2 1⁄2") with non-stick spray.
TO ASSEMBLE LASAGNA:
For Each Pan:
1st layer-1 qt. crumble-sauce mixture
2nd layer-14 uncooked noodles lengthwise
3rd layer-1 qt. crumble-sauce mixture
4th layer-1 1⁄2 cups cheese blend and 12⁄3 cups mozzarella cheese
5th layer-14 uncooked noodles crosswise
6th layer-1 qt. crumble-sauce mixture
7th layer-1 1⁄2 cups cheese blend and 12⁄3 cups mozzarella cheese (or whatever remains split between 2 pans)
- Tightly cover pans.
Convection Oven @ 350°F = 1.25 – 1.5 hours
Standard Oven @ 375°F = 45 minutes
- Remove pans from oven. Uncover. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut each pan 4 x 5 (20 pieces per pan).