Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 60 min
- 3 bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Unflavored Crumbles
- 5.5 lbs. Tomato Puree
- 3 qts. 2c. Water
- 1 tbsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 tbsp. Pepper, Black
- 1⁄2 c. 2 tbsp. Onion Flakes, Dry
- 3⁄4 c. 2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp. Cumin
- 3 tbsp. Sugar, Granulated
- 1 #10 Can Beans (black, kidney, red)
- Serving = 1 c.
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles according to package.
STOVE: Add 3 bags and 1 gal. water to a kettle, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for approx. 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Hold covered for service (160°F). Add water as needed if the product begins to dry.
OVEN: Mix 3 bags together with water in a 4" deep full hotel pan. Cover and cook at 400 °F for approx. 60 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and protein is tender.
- In a separate pot, mix the puree, water and seasonings and then heat to medium.
- Add chili beans and prepared Deeply Rooted Crumbles to tomato mixture.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese
- Cover with Fritos
- Serve with PillsburyTM Frozen Biscuit Dough, 2.51 oz., twisted into a breadstick and lightly dusted with garlic powder (2 Grain)