"Can't Believe It's Not Meat" Nachos
Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 Bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Mexican Crumbles
- 5 Bags, Tostitos® Bulk Tortilla Chips
T20437 – 145 svgs/case
18 svgs/bag (11 chips ea)
- 2 Bags, Land O’ Lakes® Cheddar Cheese Sauce (210 svgs/cs. 35 svgs/bag)
- 3 qts. 3 c. Salsa
- Serving = 11 chips with 1⁄4 cup cheese, 1⁄4 cup crumbles
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 1 oz. Equivalent Grain
- 1 oz. Red/Orange Vegetable
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Mexican Crumbles according to the package using a stove or oven. In either application, drain excess liquid after cooking.
- Heat cheese in bag in steamer for 12 -15 or in boiling water for 15-18 minutes until reaches 165°F.
- Open bags carefully as they will be hot, pour them into small hotel pans. Wrap tightly and hold at 140°F in warmer until service.
- Place bulk tortilla chips in hotel pan and cover until service.
- Fill 2 oz. cups with salsa, place on tray and wrap and hold in the refrigerator at 41°F.
- At service, place 11 chips on a plate. Cover with 1⁄4 cup crumbles and top with 3 oz. (1⁄4 cup) cheddar cheese sauce. Or place crumbles and cheese on the side.
- Offer students 1⁄4 c. salsa on the side.
- For ease during service, pre portion chips into food boats