Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 100 PillsburyTM Frozen Biscuit Dough, 2.51 oz.
- 5 Bags, Deeply Rooted Farms’ Zesty Italian Crumbles
- 10 tbsp. Margarine or Butter
- 1 1⁄2c. Enriched All-Purpose Flour
4 qts. 1 c. Instant Nonfat Dry Milk, Reconstituted, Hot
- 4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Black or White Pepper
- Serving = 1 Biscuit, 2 oz. Ladle of Gravy
- 2 oz. Meat/Meat Alternate
- 2 oz. Equivalent Grain
- Thaw biscuit dough puck, covered at room temperature for 15-30 minutes, or refrigerated overnight.
- Prepare Deeply Rooted Crumbles according to the package using a stove or oven. In either application, drain excess liquid after cooking.
- Place Biscuits on sheet pan and cook according to directions on case.
- While Crumbles and Biscuits are cooking, prepare gravy by melting margarine or butter in stock pot. Blend in flour and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently until light brown, 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in reconstituted dry milk, onion powder, and pepper. Blend well and bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, 6-8 minutes.
- Add prepared crumbles to gravy mixture, stir until well blended.
- Split biscuit in half, place in a 1 lb. food boat.
- Use 2 oz. ladle to scoop gravy over biscuit.
- Serve with fruit cup
- Add corn, beans, or salsa to give a Southwestern flare and vegetable credits